The Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Informatics requires successful completion of 18 credit hours. The curriculum is available in a blended or an online format to offer students flexibility in their learning style.
All courses in this program are transferable to Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Biomedical Informatics.
Biomedical Informatics Coursework
All courses are 3 credits each, unless noted otherwise.
- INFR 6101: Principles of Medical Informatics
- INFR 6102: Principles of Medicine in Informatics
- INFR 6103: Advanced Computing Applications for Biomedical Informaticians
- INFR 6105: Health Care Quality Principles and Practice for Informatics
- INFR 6540: Medical Decision Making and Decision Support Systems
One 3-credit elective course selected from the following with the advisor's approval. The advisor may approve an alternative elective.
- INFR 6103 Advanced Computing Applications for Biomedical Informatics
- HSCI 6273 Bioinformatics for Genomics
- HSCI 6265 Grantsmanship in Translational Research